7 Day Weather Forecast | Port Elizabeth Weather
When is the best time to book your Port Elizabeth Accommodation? Check out our 7 Day Weather Forecast for Port Elizabeth
Port Elizabeth, situated on the southeastern coast of South Africa, enjoys a mild coastal climate with relatively consistent temperatures throughout the year. Here’s an overview of the weather in Port Elizabeth across the seasons:
Summer (December to February):
- Port Elizabeth experiences warm and pleasant summer months.
- Average daytime temperatures range from around 18 to 25 degrees Celsius (64 to 77 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Occasional hot days with temperatures reaching higher.
Autumn (March to May):
- Autumn brings mild and comfortable temperatures.
- Average daytime temperatures range from approximately 15 to 22 degrees Celsius (59 to 72 degrees Fahrenheit).
- It is a pleasant time to visit with decreasing chances of rain.
Winter (June to August):
- Winters in Port Elizabeth are mild, and it is considered the dry season.
- Average daytime temperatures range from around 12 to 20 degrees Celsius (54 to 68 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Nights can be cooler, but frost is rare.
Spring (September to November):
- Spring sees temperatures starting to rise, and the landscape becoming greener.
- Average daytime temperatures range from about 13 to 21 degrees Celsius (55 to 70 degrees Fahrenheit).
- The city starts to bloom with colorful flowers.
- Port Elizabeth has a relatively low annual rainfall, and the majority of rain occurs in the form of brief showers.
- The wettest months are usually from late autumn to early winter.
- The city can experience periods of drought, and water conservation is important.
- Port Elizabeth is known for its breezy conditions, especially during the summer months when the southeast trade winds prevail.
- Winds can be stronger near the coast.
Overall, Port Elizabeth offers a mild and pleasant climate, making it a popular destination for visitors seeking comfortable weather and outdoor activities throughout the year. Keep in mind that weather conditions can vary, and it’s always a good idea to check for updated forecasts before planning your trip.
Popular Holiday Accommodation Destinations
Port Elizabeth has coastal and mountain scenery, and is famous for beautiful beaches.
The second most populated city in the country, Cape Town is called ‘home’ to nearly 4 million people.
The Golden Mile along the Durban beachfront is lined with multi-story hotels, restaurants, pubs and clubs.
The permanently pleasant climate and warm sea are perfect all year for a relaxing holiday, especially with children
Ballito is away from crowds, for people wanting a restful time surrounded by nature and the sound of waves.
Weekend Accommodation Getaways
A charming small holiday Resort town grew up around the dam, little villages developed along the banks
Langebaan offers bird watching for all the bird enthusiasts to enjoy all around the shores of the lagoon.
Said to be the birthplace of mankind, the Magaliesberg region was proclaimed a World Heritage Site in 1999
South Africa’s fly-fishing capital with the area offering excellent still water and river fishing
The coastal town offers a wide range of activities for couples, friends and families to enjoy
Main City Accommodation
Johannesburg has several names, such as Joburg, Jozi, Jo’burg, Joeys or eGoli – City of Gold in Zulu
Port Elizabeth / Gqeberha
The Sunshine Coast starts here and stretches 300 kms along the eastern seaboard of South Africa
Bloemfontein is South Africa’s judicial capital and the capital of the Free State Province.
Pretoria / Tshwane
Known as Jacaranda City for good reason; the city streets are lined with thousands of jacaranda trees
A must for every first time visitor is a trip up Table Mountain, one of the 7 Natural Wonders of the world.